External and Internal Physical Changes in Human Behavior
There are physical changes in momentum. These physical changes are of two types – external and internal physical changes. Psychologists have different opinions about the relation between momentum and these physical changes. Here is a brief description of these two physical changes.
1. External Bodily Changes:
We can see many changes in the physical state of emotion, that some psychologists have considered physical change or its consciousness to be emotional. Emotions are often identified by observing physical changes. How do you know that such a person is getting angry or that such a person is immersed in mourning? The child was happy to see you. In answer to all these questions, you will say that you have estimated the momentum by looking at the external physical changes. Your face blossoms in happiness.
In this way, there is a difference in the expression of eye, nose, mouth, frontal, etc. in a person’s face due to emotions. There is a difference in his voice and the posture of the body changes. These are external changes in the expression of momentum. It is necessary to understand this in detail.
- Facial Expression: Different emotions can be easily identified by face. What does facial expression mean? Many psychologists conducted experiments in this regard. It can only be said that whether a person is in a state of impulse or not, we cannot say which state of impulse it is. It is clear from the above considerations that it is difficult to identify the different emotions by just facial expressions, but there are some defects in the results obtained by these experiments.
First, it is difficult to generate natural emotions in a laboratory artificial condition. Secondly, different cultures have different patterns of displaying different emotions. Thirdly, even if any real momentum arises in the laboratory, there is a need to take photographs of it at a great speed.
Fourth, experience and learning are also required to identify emotions. Even after all these details, it cannot be said with certainty that emotions cannot be detected by facial expressions.
- Vocal Expression: The vocalists know that with the help of the vowel, not only the expressions can be expressed, but the same type of emotions can be generated in another person. In the expression of different emotions, in the state of meditation, Pitch, and Loudness anger, the voice becomes heavy and hoarse and the voice becomes sweet and lyrical in happiness. Thus, listening to the voice can be known a little by intense emotions. Sometimes language expresses emotions with great success. Such examples are found in villages in India.
- Postural Expression: There are also some changes in body posture in the state of emotion. But it is not necessary that the change should be the same in all persons of all societies and classes. In a state of anger, untouchables abuse, some roam around fast and some kill someone. But due to the influence of culture, huge differences can be seen in different societies.
Rubbing of hands, hiding, throwing the arms here and there reveals emotions, but at which speed, from which culture, in which person, what emotion should be understood, it is a matter of discovery? Nevertheless, it can be said that there is a relationship between physical postures and emotions.
2. Internal Physical Changes:
In the case of emotions, there are some internal physical changes along with external physical changes. We experience these physical changes in the condition of emotions ourselves.
In the state of anger our heartbeat increases and in the state of surprise, the breath stops. But the changes of internal momentum can be known only by measuring with instruments. Now we will get information about some internal physical changes.
- Change in a Heartbeat: There is a change in blood circulation in the momentum because of the heartbeat increases in the momentum. Due to contraction and circulation in the blood vessels, more blood goes into the particular body part in the momentum. This is why the face turns red in anger.
- Change in Blood Pressure: Emotions clearly show a change in blood pressure. Blood pressure is measured with a device called Plethysmograph. Many psychologists diagnose emotion only by blood pressure. By measuring the blood pressure, the lie of the person is also detected. But it is possible only among unaccustomed liars because they get nervous due to lying and their blood pressure increases. On the other hand, people who get used to lying, do not see any difference in the blood pressure of those persons.
It has also been known by some experiments, that it is not necessary that blood pressure also changes in the emotional phase. An inspection of the wounded soldiers on the battlefield revealed that the blood pressure of the soldiers did not change significantly even when they had to bear extraordinary emotional shock in the war, while there was a difference in the blood pressure of the visiting relatives.
- Changes in Blood Chemistry: In addition to increasing blood pressure, chemical changes in blood also occur in the emotional phase. In the state of motion, a juice called Adrenalin is secreted from the adrenal glands, which increases the blood sugar content and makes the person feel more powerful. Due to the effect of adrenal, some sugar elements are also seen in the urine, due to which the blood pressure increases, the heart rate becomes faster and the small blood vessels in the skin start shrinking.
- Change in Rate of Respiration: Breathing speed also changes in the state of momentum. This change is measured by a device called Neemagraph. With the change in the speed of breath in the state of momentum, the intensity of breath also changes. In the state of mourning, the breath slows down. Breathing becomes slow for a moment in fear or surprise. In normal experiences, there are experiences of slowing down or excitement due to the stimulation of emotions.
- Galvanic Skin Response: In earlier times, psychologists considered electromagnetic response to be a feature of emotion. Later it became known that it also appears in physical and mental exertion. But in the emotional phase, the electrical response is definitely present and there is definitely some feeling of momentum. Electrical skin response means the act of blocking the electrical current of the skin. It is measured by Psychogalvano-meter.
- Change in Brain Waves: Brain waves also change during an emotional state. By measuring with the device, it was found that the frequency of brain waves changes in the state of momentum.