A detailed and practical guide to lock in your age- 1
One can only wish that theory of general relativity should prove to be true as it implies that time travel is possible. However, until (if, ever) that happens, there are some more practical ways to keep aging at a bay. You can’t stop years but it is possible to reverse the telltale signs of aging on your skin and body.
Here are a few healthy tips to prevent aging effects:
Before starting this article let us understand how can one come to know that you are getting older? Two main factors reveal old age:
- Your skin and face: Your face is the most eloquent and expressive part of your appearance and specific factors like your eyes, hair, and skin plays a vital role in indicating an old age
- Body Movements: Your body movements like gait, walking speed, and general maneuvering show your strength and stamina. Lack of agility, cumbersome movements, or slow pace indicates old age.
In this article, we will discuss the best primary tips to take care of your face and skin and make them look youthful and fresh. In the next part, we will discuss keeping your body healthy and agile. Before we start, let us answer some of the skin health FAQs to help with a smart checklist that will help you prepare a healthy skincare schedule:
How can I improve my skin health?
- Apply sunscreen before going outdoors
- Apply a mild, chemical-free moisturizer immediately after bath. It locks in the maximum moisture
- Sleep at least 7 hours every day. It keeps your skin young and fresh
- Avoid oily foods as they negatively affect your skin
- Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated.
What is the best vitamin for your skin?
- Vitamin D: Improves health of cells and enhances skin tone
- Vitamin C: Provides antioxidants and promotes collagen production
- Vitamin E: Absorbs UV light and save skin and protects against sun damage
- Vitamin K: Helps in blood clotting process to efficiently heal bruises, and surgery-affected areas
What are the signs of healthy skin?
- Well Hydrated Skin
- You don’t feel any sensation (burning, itching, etc.)
- Fine and consistent texture.
- No red patches
- Tight and well toned surface
What causes unhealthy skin?
- Vitamin deficiency
Clean and moisturize your skin
Every day our skin is exposed to pollutants, heat, dirt, and sweat- not to mention the natural oil that secrets out of our skin. The residue of all these things can have a telltale effect and results in a worn-out skin which indicates old age.
· Apply moisturizer at least twice a day- after taking bath and before going to bed.
· Follow a regular cleaning schedule
· As far as possible avoid going out in unfriendly conditions/times like in pollution or during mid-day
· Apply sunscreen before going out in the sun
· Stay hydrated
· To realize the best benefits you should drink 8 glasses of water every day
· Instead of forcing down a large quantity of water drink 1-2 glasses at regular gaps throughout the day
· Don’t take water just before/after eating your food. Maintain a sufficient gap.
Bags under eyes are another sign of old age. These bags are generally caused by a lack of sleep. Make sure to set aside a specific time to enjoy your stress-free, beautiful sleep. It will not only make your skin look younger but also helps in keeping you energetic throughout the day.
· For the best results, it is recommended to get a sleep of 7-8 hours
· Along with the time the quality of sleep is also important. Set aside all your worries and stress when you go to sleep
· Avoid using smartphones, watching television, or working with computers just before you go to bed
· You may listen to light songs, read a good book of your interest, or meditate to make your mind calm and prepare it for a sound sleep
Take care of your hair
Your hair also plays a vital role in your overall appearance. You can even defy your age by wisely styling your hair. In that capacity, it is the most dynamic factor that can give you a younger look. So, respect your hair and give them the proper attention and care to remain healthy and shiny look along with internal strength.
Did you know that protein is the primary building material of your hair? So take the proper amount of care to improve their strength and volume.
· Replace protein-poor foods with high protein diets like lentils, low-fat dairy, and beans.
· Hair shedding is linked with zinc deficiency. Eat cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, almonds, and walnuts to nurture your hair with zinc. Eat an adequate leafy green salad before meals.
· Omega 3 fatty acid can directly improve your scalp health and regulate the functioning of sebaceous glands and hair follicles. Eat a bowl of flaxseed for breakfast and consider adding yogurt and cottage cheese to your daily diet.
· Select the shampoo that suits your hair type. Oily hair has different requirements than the dry ones. Even the normal hair requires shampoo to retain its strength and texture. Check the label and make sure that the shampoo aligns with your hair’s needs
· Chemical rich shampoos offer quick shine but damaged hair from inside. Especially avoid the ones that canton ammonium lauryl sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate.
Along with several other serious harmful effects, smoking also makes you look older. So, seriously consider quitting it before it starts affecting your appearance. If you have just started smoking then it’s best to get rid of it before you get used to it. The chain smokers or those who have been smoking for years can consult their family doctor to know the best way to leave it.
· Don’t keep your plans to yourself. Tell your friends and family. It will bring a feeling of responsibility. Also, your friends and family provide moral support and encourage your decision.
· Preparing ahead for common challenges, such as nicotine withdrawal and cigarette cravings.
· The best way is to take advice from your family doctor as quitting smoking isn’t easy for everyone. Medical consultation will help you determine the best course for you depending upon various individual factors.
To enjoy a youthful appearance, it is very important to take proper care of your face, hair, and skin as these are parts that can easily be affected by aging. So, you need to maintain a healthy skin routine to ensure that these parts should enjoy the best health from inside and a young look from outside.