9 lifestyle tips to get an athletic body
Losing your weight allows you to relive your youth days and start feeling revitalized. However, many times it simply becomes difficult to follow a balanced diet plan. So we have carefully compiled this guide to help you reduce your weight in a healthy way and get an athletic body.
Does fasting help in reducing weight?
Intermittent fasting involves multiple mini fasts throughout the day. This type of fasting is more practical and easier as compared to starving yourself. However, as it is done on a regular basis, the effect is even better than the former conventional fasting sessions.
To be frank it is not a quick fix weight loss hack. You need to wait for as long as 6 months to realise the effects. The good thing, however is that the outcomes are generally sustainable if you maintain the healthy lifestyle and avoid indulging again in fat-boosting diet plan.
- In 5:2 dietplan you can eat normally on 5 days of the week and fast on rest 2 days consuming not more than 600 calories.
- In 16/8 method you can select a timeframe of 8 hours and eat your meals only during those 8 hours. Fast for rest 16 hours. It is assumed that limiting the consumption period helps participants get more disciplined in there diet plan that helps in preventing cavities asp lowering the calorie consumption.
- In Alternate Day fasting, you generally fast on one day and resume the ordinary diet the next day. If you think that it is not possible for you to fast the entire day then you can eat a little very lean diet on one day, followed by a regular diet the next day (and continuing this pattern for entire week.
Register what you eat
Eating unmindfully is one of the major reasons behind overeating. Many people eat while watching television or working on the net. They are generally unaware of portion, flavour and nutritional value of the food they are eating. As a result they keep on eating even after consuming the idea portion.
- If you find yourself in this category then adopt a habit of registering each item you eat in an app or a small block.
- Weight loss apps can go a long way in helping you to reduce your weight efficiently.
- Today, there are a number of apps available to track your weight loss exercises- right from diet management to exercises, fitness regime and other popular fat reducing methods.
- By choosing the right fat management apps you would be able to lose significant fat from your body
- The best thing about apps is that they monitor you 24X7- even when you sleep and provide the real time biological stats. Being portable apps can be used anywhere anytime.
Enjoy every bite you take
Many people are too occupied to fully enjoy or appreciate the food they are eating. It restricts you to savour the food and thus sends a feeling of dissatisfaction to your brain.
- By enjoying, instead of just gulping your food, you would have a better satisfaction that will give you a feeling of feeling full and thus prevents you from overeating.
- Don’t just eat the food on your working desk scattered with many files and documents as it will burden your brain with the work stress thus stopping you from concentrating on the food.
- Likewise, give some pause to the work while you are eating- never mix work and food as you wouldn’t be able to enjoy either of the two. Preferably eat on a dining table with a calm and happy mind
- Avoid watching TV or fiddling with your phone while eating. It is best to keep you phone switched off until you finish your meals
Slow down the pace of eating
Eat at a reasonably slow pace. It will help your brain to retain its composure and wisely judging the different signals including that of satisfaction and a feeling of fullness. So you wouldn’t let you indulge in overeating
Wisely choose the foods that are low on fats and keep you satiated for several hours. Don’t opt for very light meals during the afternoon as it will result in multiple cravings at different times which lead to gaining more weight.
Eat protein rich breakfast
Breakfast being the first meal of the day, it is not uncommon to overeat at that time. It is also advisable to avoid eating too little at the time of breakfast. So instead of concentrating only on the potion size it would be better to think about the right variety of food.
- Go for the breakfast that is rich in protein. It will increase the levels of hormones peptide YY, cholecystokinin and GLP-1- the hormones that make you feel satiated.
- Such breakfast plan will also lower down the amount of gherlin a type of hormone responsible for hunger.
- In a research it was found that the young adults tend to have long term effects of protein rich breakfast on their hormones
- Some options of protein rich breakfast include oats, quinoa porridge, nut/seed butters, and chia seed pudding.
Reduce the intake of carbs and refined sugar
Avoid foods and drinks with high amount of sugar. Likewise minimize the consumption of heavily processed foods as they lack fibre and other vital components while packing a huge among tofu refined carbs that are harmful for the body and among other harmful effects, also increase your weight. White rice pats and bread are some example of refined carbs.
· As these types of food take little time to be digested they immediately convert to the glucose causing a glucose excess in the blood. It stimulates insulin- a hormone facilitating fat storage which eventually results in increasing your weight.
Best options to go for
- Wholemeal Bread and pasta
- Fruit, nuts, and seeds
- Herb teas
- Smoothies with water/milk
Consume a good amount of fibre
Another way to healthily reduce your diet is to at a good amount of fibre which induces the feeing of satiations and thus actively helps you to lose weight. However, you need to be sure that such foods should not contain fat. Some of the fibre rich low fat food includes
· Whole-grain breakfast cereals
· Whole-wheat pasta
· Whole-grain bread
· Fruit and vegetables
· Nuts and seeds
Take care of your gut bacteria
It is logically inferred by researcher that the gut bacteria can also help in managing weight
It might be surprising to know that human gut is a massive colony- in fact an entire planet- of micro-organisms. It also includes as many as 37 trillion bacteria.
The type and quantity of gut bacteria differs from person to person and specify types can help in accelerating energy volume harvested from the food items which eventually deposits the fat and causes overweight.
Your takeaway- Consume foods that help in multiply the quantity of health-friendly gut bacteria like:
Plant based foods: Increasing the number of fruits, vegetables, and grains in the diet will result in an increased fibre uptake and a more diverse set of gut bacteria. People should try to ensure that vegetables and other plant-based foods comprise 75 percent of their meal.
Fibre promoting food: Increase fibre promoting foods like vegetables, fruits and grains that will help in diversifying gut bacteria portfolio. An ideal intake of these foods should be 70-75% for realizing best benefits/??
Fermented Foods: Fermented food not only facilitates proper functioning of good bacteria but also discourages bad bacteria growth. Probiotics plays a vital role in accelerating the population growth of god bacteria. Some probiotic rich foods include kimchi, kefir, Sauerkraut, yogurt, miso and tempeh.
While all of them are good at probiotics Kimchi has been studied very well by the researchers and is found to have strong capabilities to reduce obesity. Some studies suggest that taking Kefir can proactively assist weight loss in women.
Probiotic foods are naturally rich in Probiotic fibre that not only regulates the functioning and growth of good bacteria but also assist in weight management. Some of the periodic foods include artichoke, chicory root, garlic, onion, banana, asparagus, leeks, and avocado. You can also get it from grains, like barley and oats.
Incorporating a few Ayurvedic principles in meal planning
Meal planning according to Ayurveda
Did you know that indigestion can invite many other diseases? So it is recommendable to take good care of your digestive health and Ayurveda can help you a great way. Ayurveda restricts random combination of foods as each food has its nature and you need to make sure that the nature (and portion) of foods you consume should not align well with each other.
For instance, it suggests that protein should be the first thing to be consumed before proceeding with her food items. It is because your body needs to make hydrochloric acid for digesting proteins and the stomach can produce only a limited quantity of this acid at a time. Consuming other foods before protein will further interfere with this process and makes it difficult to digest protein.
Likewise, it is advisable to avoid consuming fruits post meals as the latter can be digested quicker than the main meal food and it disturbs the process of digestion of your main food that takes time to be digested. However some exceptions sin these regards are mango papaya and pineapple as they speed up the digestion process of carbs, fats, protein, and starch due to their rich inventory of digestive enzymes.
Lying for around to minutes on your left side helps in proper digestion of the food. It happens as the liver is on the right side of your body and this position creates required internal conditions to accelerate the digestion process.
Agni plays a big role in stimulating the digestion process, appetite regulation, and maintaining metabolism. Did you know that you can ignite or enhance this Agni through yoga? Some yoga positions can help in producing the Agni. These Asanas create healthy twists in your intestinal tract which stimulates the flow of gastric juices.
Your main meals consist of many food items that are digested slowly and your body needs to concentrate on breaking them on a priority basis. Eating fruits post meals disturbs this attention and pauses the process of digesting the main meal. It causes indigestion.
Avoid drinking cold water in between your main meals. Once the food enters into your stomach the digestive organs/processes start breaking it down. When you drink cold water in between it may increase the hardness of the ingested food and thus makes it more difficult for your system digestive organs to break down the food.
If you wish to have an athletic body free of those extra inches around your waist, then you need to optimize your lifestyle accordingly. Right from diet plan to workout sessions and a good night sleep- there are many lifestyle habits that will help you realize your weight loss dreams. If you really wish to shed your extra kilos then opt for a wholesome lifestyle plan rather than just changing your diet or doing a few workout sessions.