5 ideal strategies to create a realistic weight loss plan (+Bonus Tips)
Many people start their fat loss plan with enthusiasm but along the way they start losing the drive and in most cases tend to return to their old habits after a short while. While their intentions are honest, it is the lack of right techniques and precise goal strategies that deny them from achieving the desired outcome. In this blog, we have compiled a list of some of the practical strategies that will help you remain adhered to your weight loss strategy until you have achieved a significant outcome.
Design simple, precise and practical weight loss plan
Specify a weight loss goal and note it down in very precise terms. It should be simple enough to be understood by a 5th-grade student. Use specific figures like how much weight you want to lose in how much time and what would be the strategy.
Instead of creating a static plan, make it in a checklist form that you can update regularly. It will help you keep motivated to achieve the goal and also monitor your growth alongside the strategy.
- Make sure your body uses up a good amount of energy through physical activities, workout sessions, etc.
- The majority of your daily meals should contain real foods with very low processing
- Have the right balance of protein and calories. It automatically balances the fat and carbs intake by regulating your appetite
- Instead of eliminating your favorite foods, just increase the quantity of real, organic food. It will help you cut down unnatural foods in a more natural way.
- Consume foods that are fat-free and provide maximum satiation
- Don’t get caught up in unnecessary minutiae of foods as it complicates the things
Fat loss plan is a process not an overnight miracle
Many people weigh themselves every single day but it is an unnecessary distraction rather than a valuable part of the strategy. More than figures of your weight it is the efficiency and adherence to the weight loss strategy that matters.
Sometimes our body takes time to respond to our fat loss plan. You might have cut down your daily meal plan by trimming off all those tummy-boosting snacks and unhealthy foods but don’t expect any overnight miracles.
Fat loss is a process that comprises multiple steps- preventing fat build-up, reducing accumulated fat, getting rid of extra calories, etc. So, checking your weight every day and finding almost zero changes can discourage and demotivate you. Just concentrate on adhering to your strategy.
- Patiently exercise daily but avoid overexertion
- Don’t starve yourself. Just regulate the portions and variety and continue eating at regular times
- Don’t keep on counting calories, kilos, and other weight-related figures as it creates unnecessary stress. Just sticking to your fat loss plan is enough
- Start with simpler exercises to achieve improved flexibility before graduating to more intense workouts
Keep your body hydrated
Your body requires a sufficient amount of water to function properly and achieve flexibility. It also plays a vital role in determining the outcome of your fat loss plan.
In a study, it was found that just drinking 2 cups of water before taking meals can help you reduce more weight. Water gives you a filled feeling and thus creates a boundary for your appetite. It thus saves you from overeating.
Some other studies suggest that tea or coffee can be equally helpful to combat overeating or better still consider drinking a glass of fresh fruit juice (not the packaged ones).
- Consuming sufficient water before any single meal of the day can lower down calorie intake by up to 517 calories
- Lemons contain pectin- a compound found in lemons minimizes food cravings. So adding lemon juice to the water is a wise trick to overcome after-meal cravings
- Some experts believe that drinking ice cold water boosts metabolism and helps us reduce more fat but adopt it only if your system feels comfortable with it. Avoid it during cold weather or rain.
- Along with preventing muscle cramps the water also lubricates your joints thus allowing you to increase workout time and intensity
- For best results consider drinking eight glasses of water daily
Avoid junk food especially with high amount of carbs
Junk food and processed carbs provide instant gratification to your taste buds but loads your body with extra kilos wrapped under many inches. This trade-off puts you at the receiving end. So, stay away from junk food.
Note: Many people do it the wrong way by shunning all the junk food at once which only makes them crave more and break their resolution in the middle. Gradually reduce the quantity and always substitute junk food with some healthy options to avoid creating a void.
- Additional glucose gets stored in the liver, muscles and other cells to be used later or may be converted to fat which results in weight gain
- Cutting down carbs reduces insulin levels and stimulates the fat burning process to produce energy eventually resulting in weight loss.
Eat lots of vegetables
Start eating fruits and vegetables. They are naturally rich in vitamins and fibers but not stuffed with fat-boosting calories. Moreover, there is a huge variety to choose from which means that you would never have to worry about “what should I eat the next day”. There are enough vegetable recipes to feast on a different variety each day for up to an entire month.
Along with incorporating vegetable gravies to your daily meals consider eating salad as it creates a satiated feeling and thus reducing the cravings.
- Leafy greens like spinach and kale are rich in protein and provide sufficient nutrients without loading your body with fats
- Mushrooms regulate the blood glucose levels which results in burning more fat and help you achieve your weight loss goals faster. Being rich in protein they accelerate metabolism which is a good thing for weight loss
- Cauliflower provides you a feeling of satiation that curbs the cravings. It also combats bloating and is a good source of phytonutrient sulforaphane, folate, and vitamin C.
- Consuming Chillies generate heat that enables you to use up more calories while at the same time oxidizing fat layers of your body
- Low in calories and high in fiber, pumpkin is
- Carrots are a good source of soluble as well as insoluble fiber that proactively helps in your weight loss exercises
- Asparagine a chemical found in asparagus is an alkaloid that facilitates the breaking down of fats by your cells
- Cucumbers detoxify the system contain a good amount of water and fiber which provides you an immediate feeling of satiation thus minimizing the food cravings
- More than half of the calories we gain come form the ultra-processed foods and so lowering down their intake can actively help you to achieve your weight loss targets.
- Try replacing some of the ultra-processed foods with their less processed alternatives. Avoid any sudden changes or prohibition as it will only result in resistance. Go easy and gradually introduce less processed foods to your daily eating routine.
- A great way to introduce natural food is to mix them with your favorite ultra-processed foods. For instance, you can consider having at least 1 banana or apple on alongside your favorite breakfast snack or combine your favorite pizza with a half plate of fresh salad. It will make you lower down the portion of unhealthy food and starts a balanced transition to a healthy diet.
- If you love sugary beverages then try replacing it with fresh fruit juices. Just prepare a jar full of freshly squeezed fruit juice (unsweetened) to slack your sugary cravings throughout the day. Instead of loading your body with acids and fat, it will supply the essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Banning salt from your meals may seem to be a drastic measure but try mixing salt with other spices like garlic powder and black pepper. It will save you from excess salt and helps in keeping you healthier.
- Planning can help you a great way of starting or continuing your fat reducing strategy. For that, you need to recognize the factors that trigger the consumption of unhealthy snacks and highly precede foods. Some wise strategies like engaging yourself in outside activities at the time of cravings can save you from overeating.
- The foods are highly related to the occasions. So one of the best ways to incorporate the healthy food in your diet is to design occasions around those foods. For instance, you can take several packs of lightly salad almonds or walnuts along with a basket of fresh fruits and go to an outdoor picnic with your family and friends. It will create a certain interest in such healthy fruits and will change your outlook.
- There are various ways of reducing unhealthy snacks and replacing them with healthier options. For instance, the starchy potato chips with flavors, and spices can be replaced with non-fat popcorn which has an equally appealing profile and texture plus a good inventory of fiber and other health friendly compounds.